February 18, 2012

Lost in a moment.

I finally finally finally got to go and see Death Cab for Cutie live yesterday, and they were absolutely incredible. The only time that I stopped smiling was when Benjamin Gibbard, the lead singer, played this song. It was so beautiful and, just like a lot of other people in the crowd, it had me holding back tears...



Written at 1am last night
I have never been so in the moment as tonight. The buildup of 7 years listening to this band, and finally seeing them live - words honestly can't describe this feeling. I can hardly remember it, it's all a bit of a haze. But, as corny as this is, what I do remember I'll hold close to me forever.

Feeling like I was about to explode from joy the moment they began to play, dancing with one of my greatest friends, and standing alone in a crowd singing my absolute favourite song, wishing that it would just keep going on, and on, and on.

Festival Gardens
Ducks, ducks everywhere!
Rocking chairs!! :D

The Band
This photo courtesy of TanyaVolt Photography

No comments: