March 23, 2012

A trip down memory lane... Part 2

I've got a temp job at my little brother's school doing admin for the arts department, and there is so much jazz coming out of there! I see now why two of my brother's are jazz musos. It's fantastic! I'm yet to hear anyone play this song, but it seemed appropriate anyway, not to mention the part where I'm a little in love with this duo :) 


And now it's time for part 2 of my trip down memory lane. Most of these are from a school kayaking trip that I went on in year 11. We went kayaking in Shark Bay for 4 days and it was absolutely incredible. Once you get a few hundred metres off the main beach, almost every sign of civilisation vanishes, and the wildlife up there get more and more impressive. There are sharks, turtles, stingrays, sharks, stonefish, stingrays, sharks. By far the most amazing part of the trip began though with a large splash a few hundred metres from where we were paddling. And then another one. Aaaand another one.

Lots of jokes were made about a monster tiger shark that was coming to eat all of us, and eventually one of the leaders went over to investigate. A few minutes later, he was waving manically at us all to come over. There were 40-50 dugongs - mothers and babies. It was absolutely breathtaking. It was the only thing I've ever encountered that could get a group of teenage girls to shut up. We just sat on our kayaks, in absolute awe, for at least 30 minutes. Finding a beach to set up camp didn't really matter anymore, we just wanted to watch these amazing creatures slowly pulling themselves along under the water. We were in such a state of disbelief that we didn't even think to take the opportunity to add to our thousands of photos. 

Shark Bay
2008
Shark Bay
2008
I would like to live in that tent right there please.
Oh hai there Mr Ant.
School Ball 2009
Knees don't work?
Use Dad as a leaning post!
So, anyone wanna go to Shark Bay with me for a few nights? :P

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

No comments: